How to change the Network Name and password of your Linksys EA8500 router?
Network Name and the Wi-Fi password of a router are the significant components of Network configurations that allow the user to connect their router to the Internet. With the help of these components, nearby users could easily connect to your network. Network Name helps the user in identifying the network and the Wi-Fi password is used to allow the user to get connected to the network. Network Name, as well as the Wi-Fi password, can easily be changed through the web interface of www.linksyssmartwifi.com.
Steps to change the Network Name and the password of Linksys EA8500 router
- Open a browser on your laptop or computer to get to the web management page of the router.
- Type www.linksyssmartwifi.com or the IP address of the router on the web address of the browser. You can choose any option to interact with the web interface of linksyssmartwifi.com
- Enter the admin username as well as the password on the Linksys router login page. Type “admin” on the username field as a username and mention the password you mentioned during the Linksys Router setup. If you haven’t changed the default password type “admin” as a default one.
- The menu dashboard of www.linksyssmartwifi.com appears on the screen.
- Go to the Wireless tab, click the Edit tab.
- Now, to change the Network Name go to the SSID field and type the name you want to provide to your network.
- To change the Wi-Fi password, type the password you want to assign as a security key of accessing your network. With this password, nearby users can connect to your network.
- Click on the OK tab and the changes get applied according to the configurations you made.
How to change the Router’s Access Password of Linksys EA8500 router?
Router’s Access Password is the password that has to be applied on the Linksys router login page. This password is used to interact with the menu dashboard of www.linksyssmartwifi.com. You can change this password anytime you want but the first time you are going to interact with the web interface of your router, you need to mention “admin” as the default password.
Steps to change the router’s password
- Visit your browser and mention www.linksyssmartwifi.com on the address bar of your browser. You also can mention the IP address of your router in place of www.linksyssmartwifi.com. The IP address of the Linksys Router is 192.168.1.1
- Press enter and the Linksys Router login page appears on the screen.
- Type the username as well as the password on the Linksys router login page. Mention “admin” on the username field as a default credential and type the password you typed earlier while logging in to www.linksyssmartwifi.com
- Click on the Connectivity tab residing under the Router settings option.
- Click on the Basic tab.
- Go to the Router password tab and type in the password you want to keep as your router password.
- Click on the OK tab and the password gets changes.
Note: You again can log in to the web interface of linksyssmartwifi.com to check that the password you applied has changed yet or not.