Linksys WRT 1900 ACS setup is quite easier, you just need to follow the steps given below:
The Smart Setup Wizard can be used in order to setup the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router. It is included in the firmware and it is accessible even if your router is not connected with any Internet connection or if it’s working as per the default settings.
The Linksys WRT1900ACS setup can be processed with or without CD or installation software, as per the instructions given below:
Step 1: Keep a Check on Internet connection
- Before taking any steps further you need to be sure that your modem should be working. You need to connect your computer with the modem.
- Be assured your main computer should have Internet access attached with the modem.
- If in case you are unable to access the internet connectivity with your modem than in this case your Internet service provider will be the one who will help you to get your modem in a working stage.
- linksyssmartwifi.com if you have DSL connections in that case you might not be able to use the Internet directly from your modem. In such cases you need to have PPPoE Username and password form the DSL Company.
- Be confirmed that the details for PPPoE Username and password you have should be the correct one, linksyssmartwifi.com | if in any case you are not available with the login credentials that you need to contact your Internet service provider so that he can share the correct details with you.
Step 2: Establish Connections to the router:
- Moving towards the next step, now you need to attach the computer and modem with the Linksys WRT1900ACS router using an Ethernet cable. Then you need associate the modem to the Internet port and | computer to the Ethernet Port.
- If I n case you join the modem and computer with any wrong port then you will be unable to start with the Linksys router setup page.
- Your computer connectivity to the WAN port will not let you to broadcast with the Linksys router.
- Connectivity plays a very essential part, you will find the 4 lights, Power, WAN and Ethernet |
Step 3: Start Setup your Linksys router
- Now, you need to launch a browser and then type the IP address as 192.168.1.1 in the address bar, this is default IP address in most of the models.
- You can also start with the command prompt and analyze the IP address on your computer.
- Now type the Router password and then click on log in
- If you have made changes in the password then you need to enter the changed password or else you can use the default password admin if the password is not changed before.
- If in case default password doesn’t work then you can also reset your device to the factory default.
- Further you need to Press the Reset Button for 10 seconds and then release the reset button and now stay awaited for 30 seconds, Now power off the router and be assured that the changes made will be vanished once you reset it and if you are processing the setup for the first time for your device then you can start the process with the resetting it.
- Now You will be able to see the Linksys WRT1900ACS router setup windows appearing on your screen.
Step 4: Modify the Internet connection settings
- Now at the left panel, you can see entire options that are appropriate to modify the settings. You need to click on “Connectivity in the Router settings section.
- Now you will see the Internet settings tab on the top, click on the same.
- Now according to your internet service provider, you can change the Internet connection settings.
- You will find 2 kind of ISPs. Cable ISP and DSL ISP.
read also :- Linksys E8500 Router Setup.